With the development of drilling processes and machinery, the use of polymeric sludge has become a fundamental requirement to achieve optimal results in terms of productivity and respect for environmental legislation.
Although there are specific additives to solve specific problems, the main advantages of drilling with additive muds are:
- Supply the hydrostatic pressure to avoid siphoning
- Keep bit cool and clean while drilling
- Transport debris out of the well and keep cuttings in suspension when the operation is stopped or in the maneuvers of change.
Depending on the type of terrain and the drilling system, the properties and functions that we require of the fluid will vary. At QUIMACER we have classified our product portfolio according to the sector they are aimed at.
Depending on the type of terrain and the drilling system, the properties and functions that we require of the fluid will vary, despite this, we consider the removal of cuttings and the control of pressures as the basis of a good mud. In any case, the functions required to drilling fluids are:
- Remove the cuttings from the well.
- Control the formation hydrostatic pressures.
- Keep suspension and remove cuttings.
- Clog permeable formations.
- Keep wall´s well stable.
- Avoid damage to the reservoir.
- Cool, lubricate, and support the bit and drill pipe.
- Transmit hydraulic energy to drill bit and drill tools.
- Ensure an accurate evaluation of the formation.
- Avoid corrosion of drill tools.
- Facilitate cementation and completion.
- Minimize environmental impoact.
To cover all these needs, we divide our solutions as follows:
- POWDER VISCOSIFYING
- LIQUID / EMULSION VISCOSIFYING
- LOST CONTROL MUD (LCM)
- LOSS CONTROL FLUID
- DRILLING OIL / LUBRICANT
- FOAMING AGENT
- pH REGULATOR
- EXPANSIVE CEMENT